My husband had his CT scan last Friday to see if he could get back on the clinical trial after his surgery. Unfortunately he is unable to return to the trial because the CT scan showed 3 small slow-growing nodules in his right lung...not the lung he's had the 2 VATS on.
Ugh. So the tumors are too small for surgery, and to few for chemotherapy so we've been advised to wait 3 months to see what they do. The oncologist recommended we try to put it out of our minds for the 3 months and see what they do. We've never done that before, with the previous two lung scares we immediately went to resection...mostly driven by the possibility of this trial. I would love to hear from others what they've heard from their oncologists regarding this type of situation.
Also, we've been really good about "living in the moment", "not letting cancer define us", etc. but we're also really freaked out. Any tips on staying calm, cool, & collected. We remain positive, and very hopeful but aren't immune to the stress of a cancer diagnosis.
As always, thanks for listening.