Quantcast

Synovial Sarcoma - Suggestions Please?!

Hi Shannon. I fully understand your predicament. I myself have lost my teeth, gums, and palate to synovial sarcoma. But, you have to do this logically. The harder route is amputation, but it is also the safer route. Will significantly minimize the chance of recurrence later in life. And you will find a way not only to initially accept and overcome the loss, but to surmount it and find a way (with advances in medical science) to be normal again. Cheers

I also lost my left eye recently to synovial sarcoma. I’ve decided that living and being there for my son is more important than my left eye. Good luck!

My husband has synovial sarcoma. He had his whole left leg amputated because he had cancer behind the knee twice. Amputation does NOT stop the spread of this disease. It can come up in any soft tissue anywhere at any time. If we had known all that we know now 3 years ago we would have had the smaller surgery to remove the tumor with clean margins. The amputation and 2 years of attempted preventative chemo did nothing but destroy my husband's body, his teeth, his stomach and his liver, his cancer is back in his lungs. And since he destroyed his body in the last 3 years he now has no alternative to stop the spread in his lungs. So please forgive me if I'm one for saying do not have amputations if it can be avoided, it doesn't stop the progress of the disease. He's been treated by Boston Mass General too, not once has anyone ever mentioned any foods or nutrition that might help him. Good luck with your decisions.

aashishtrivedi said:

Hi Shannon. I fully understand your predicament. I myself have lost my teeth, gums, and palate to synovial sarcoma. But, you have to do this logically. The harder route is amputation, but it is also the safer route. Will significantly minimize the chance of recurrence later in life. And you will find a way not only to initially accept and overcome the loss, but to surmount it and find a way (with advances in medical science) to be normal again. Cheers

So sorry to hear what you had to lose, I hadn't heard of SS doing that. God Bless You.
Trina said:

I also lost my left eye recently to synovial sarcoma. I've decided that living and being there for my son is more important than my left eye. Good luck!