Quantcast

Reading material while on Chemo

My son in law will be starting chemo next Monday July 21/14... I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good book to read for him... I found one I thought may fit the bill called, Ask and it is Given... ty

Make sure it's an easy read meaning the reader doesn't have to think deeply. Chemo makes people very tired... I am not sure I would have liked this type of book during chemo but that's just me.

I agree re: easy reads. Two books I enjoyed were Gone Girl and The Goldfinch. I would look for an entertaining rather than an enlightening book.

Ty... is there anything else U could recommend I do as a caregiver..

Elodie Espesset said:

Make sure it's an easy read meaning the reader doesn't have to think deeply. Chemo makes people very tired... I am not sure I would have liked this type of book during chemo but that's just me.

Thank you for all your replies... This speed of responses is truly uplifting, ty...

Going through chemo, a patient can turn into his worst self, potentially aggressive and ungrateful. Patience is the best asset for a caregiver. Don't take anything your son-in-law may do or say personal...

I just finished reading The new book by Mark Herzlich. He plays for the NY Giants and has a remarkable and inspiring story about his experience with Ewing Sarcoma. When my husband was fighting his SS, we found several interviews with Mark, on line, and it gave us hope. I found this book to be very inspiring, and not just from the sarcoma side, but from the life side. It’s. Not a hard read, and it might be validating and inspiring to read while undergoing treatment.