Quantcast

My daughters Synovial Sarcoma is in her belly

I’ve come to realize that there are no cases of children (my daughter is 10) that have this specific cancer where it has shown itself in her. Her scans and biopsy told the Doctors several things, first the type of cancer. The mass that developed is in her stomach cavity wrapped around her intestines, actually intertwined in them. When the biopsy was done the surgeon found that there was a lot of blood that had collected and that it was coming from the mass. So we know what this cancer is and where it is but the next question is did the mass of blood contain cancer cells that could have been carried elsewhere, that’s where we are now after four rounds of chemo and another round to start tomorrow. Along this journey I have posted updates sling the way and while at first they were just simple posts I have tried to elaborate more over time in hope of being able to help others. This is in no way a solicitation but rather just the place where I have recorded this journey, if you would like to read about this journey you can go to this link, http://www.gofundme.com/8i3ulg I hope reading this will help someone at sometime and I will continue to post here through this journey. God bless you all!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Wow - that's the hardest part of this cancer - "So we know what this cancer is and where it is but the next question is did the mass of blood contain cancer cells that could have been carried elsewhere" - so many unanswered questions and no certainty. That's the hardest part for us, just wondering and waiting. We're always told to live one day at a time, but it's a different story when you have to! But now we say when it's a good day, live it up, when it's bad, deal with it and move on - one day at a time.